DubaiReader

DubaiReader

"Oh, what a tangled web we weave."

Stolen - Dawn Kopman Whidden

I think I can honestly say that this is the first series of crime novels that I've followed through with - mainly because I would read the second one so long after the first that I'd forgotten all the details. Thanks to the wonder of audiobooks, I've been able to work my way through this series in a more reasonable time frame and I'm enjoying getting to know more about these characters with each book.

Now, in book 3, the crime involves another murder, with two suspects and two young children of unknown identity. I don't think it would be a spoiler to mention that there is a pedophile involved, so this may not be suitable for some readers.
Untangling the identities of the children and the suspects makes for riveting listening and so I also managed to do quite a bit of ironing :)
I was happy to see that the narration was by Amy Deuchler, the same narrator as book 2. She does a good job with both male and female voices and spoke at a good pace.

I enjoyed the twisty nature of this novel and the ending was satisfying. It was a pleasure to reunite with the crime team of Marty Keal and Jean Whitley, plus Marty's fiance, Hope, whose insights into child psychiatry are fascinating. We also find Jean's daughter Bethany getting involved again, this time through her involvement with her boyfriend Dylan.

Book 4 next...