DubaiReader

DubaiReader

Get your cocoa, dim the lights, and settle down in front of the fire......

Dark on the Mountain - Henry Mitchell

This was an interesting collection of twelve short stories that reminded me of a series that was on TV in my childhood - Tales of the Unexpected - every story had a twist in its tail. Admittedly, most of these twists were a bit dark and a lot of characters met a sorry end, but I could just imagine them being told around a campfire on a dark night, they would be perfect.

My audio version was narrated by Wayne Paige, who had a slow, sultry voice that I took a bit of getting used to, but once I'd settled into it, the voice suited the stories well. My one issue was knowing where one tale ended and the next began - so I downloaded the free sample of the e book, just to get my head around the set-up. After that I had no problem and was able to pick up the breaks.

The script on the cover of the book has a bit of an Indie feel and would normally have put me off, which just goes to show that you can't judge a book by its cover.
If you enjoy short stories, this is well worth picking up.

Thanks to Audiobook Boom, through whom I was given this free review copy audiobook in return for an unbiased review.