DubaiReader

DubaiReader

Death Stalks Kettle Street
John Bowen

"One thing I had learned about pregnancy was that there was no shortage of advice".

The Rosie Effect - Graeme Simsion
This sequel to The Rosie Project was another amusing look at the world of Don Tillman, as he adjusts to married life. However, before he knows it, he finds that Rosie is pregnant and he's also having to adjust to impending fatherhood. His stress levels are rising.
If you're read The Rosie Project, you won't be surprised to know that he puts his heart and soul into research about nutrition, foetal development and birth, but is having a problem bonding with the bump.
As before, his life is a series of misunderstandings that escalate into chaos. He's obviously starting to learn to respond to indicators that he'd previously have missed, but the nuances of human interactions are still largely a mystery to him and we share his misinterpretation of signals with amusement.

This is an excellent sequel, although The Playground Incident was rather predictable and I did have a bit of a problem with Rosie's behaviour.
Still, I'm really looking forward to meeting the author next week at our Literature Festival :)